Sunday, October 3, 2010

Beautiful Earth, Lonely People and Regrets?

"I took care of my little part of this beautiful earth, you know," said someone who used to work with me.
"Yeah, " I smiled.
"Yes I did, in winter beautiful Holiday scenes, in Spring, my yard was full of Tulips, Daffodils and Hyacinths, in summer, you name the annuals and in fall my home was horrifically beautiful. "
"Oh, that sounds like a story book," was all I could come up with.
"Yes, my three quarters of an acre of this earth was kept like a story book, then I lost it all,"  I cannot say that I know the pain of divorce but I got an idea from the tone used.
"I am so sorry,"  I wish I could express how really sorry I was.
"Don't be, it was kind of my fault mostly, anyway,"  Now that took a lot of courage was what I was thinking.
"Don't be so harsh on yourself."  I had to calm down the outburst.
"The thing is, I hate a mess, it is such a turn off you know but I did not realize that nagging is a bigger turn off. When there is no peace in the house, I guess people turn to outsiders."  I could feel the bitterness behind that cough.
"You guys couldn't talk things out?"  I don't know how to shut up.
"Not, when things go too far, I mean when someone else was able to provide the peace and calm I could never give."

No comments: