Saturday, April 13, 2013

A TO Z OF RESOURCE MANAGEMENT

I am technologically challenged. Therefore my blogs are very simple. Hardly any pictures or fun stuff.  However  one day I will be able to learn how to work with computers the way young people do. Or will I ever. The fact is that computers are so advanced that you learn one thing and a new thing comes in.  A lot of my family members who are my age don't even use computers and are now disgruntled because the H.M.O they work for is asking for electronic records. I have a desire to learn.  I remember my elders telling me that as long as we have a thirst for Knowledge there is nothing in the world that we cannot learn or do. While that could have been an exaggeration their intention was to encourage us. My daughter bought this book in a book fare when she was younger. She still loves it, even as an adult.The Way Things Work 

Last night while watching the television show "Shark Tank", I was feeling sorry for the people who had very good inventions but did not have the  knowledge of  simple  business terms. 

"Science and technology make our lives easier but art makes our lives worth living," they say. I agree with that 100 percent. However sometimes people with useful knowledge do not get the attention they deserve. People in performance art get so much media attention and maybe ten times the money they deserve (except for some good artist). When was the last time a scientist who saved his/her company from recall of medication while working in quality control got any media attention or when did a nurse working in an orthopedic facility get credit for standing on her feet hours in a row? No wonder our president worries about the lack of thirst for useful knowledge in today's youth.

9 comments:

fishducky said...

This is a very well thought out & articulately worded series you're posting. Keep it up!!

Launna said...

I agree Munir, we need to recognize the real heroes, not the media people. Very nice post !

Shelly said...

You are right, and I fully agree about the unsung heroes who don't get enough attention.

klahanie said...

Hi Munir,

Totally concur with you, my friend. You know the problem is that the media don't find the real heroes, "exciting" enough to bring attention to their accomplishments. It's very sad.

Peace be with you.

Gary

Granny Annie said...

I have gotten behind and am glad to catch up and enhance my Knowledge:)

Rosalind Adam said...

In all areas of life there are extremely talented people who never make it. I think it's not only knowledge of how to get your idea working but it's a matter of luck, being in the right place at the right time and knowing the right people.

Rosalind Adam is Writing in the Rain

Optimistic Existentialist said...

YES!! The real true heroes never hardly get recognized do they?? Wonderful post Munir.

Inger said...

A good point. Rewards and money often goes to the wrong places. Los Angeles has ethnic sections, but is getting more and more mixed up. I think it is only 49% white now and the other 51% must be a mix of everyone under the sun. I think this is a good thing.

Teresa Cypher said...

SO true. I will share a short story. When my daughter was ready to graduate from high school, one day her and I took a tour of the college she wanted to attend. They put us in small groups. In our group, there were a couple of boys and my daughter. My daughter worked hard in school,lettered academically and in music, but not in sports. She graduated with honors. As we toured, I began to feel like her and I were shadows along for the walk. Those two boys, it turned out, had basketball scholarships--full rides. And they got to meet teachers who would advise them and tutor them to be sure they kept the minimum needed grade averages (A "C"). I couldn't understand them--they spoke slang, complete gutter English. But they were athletes, budding superstars. It still angers me. There was no scholarship for my daughter, not even a welcome, glad to have you because you've worked so hard. She chose that University. And she earned her English degree from there. Don't get me wrong. I wish those two young men good lives. I hope that they took advantage of their opportunity and made something of themselves other than half-educated adults who talk about their glory days of playing school sports. But...I think that the way it's all designed is wrong, actually insulting to the kids who work hard at academics. There has to be a better way. :-)