Monday, April 2, 2012

A to Z challenge

A to Z and my Mind


B is for Balance


Balance is an instrument for measuring weight, we learned this fact in second grade.

In an Indian movie a poor girl points out at a Balance and challenges a king for a fair judgement as in India we also use a Balance as a symbol of justice. I asked my father about the reason behind it. He said that it is because a Balance is also a symbol of equality.  Then he explained to me the fact that we use the word Balance to describe equilibrium for example when our foot loses balance we fall.

Gardeners in India say that if we play around with Balance of nature, disasters can happen. I used to get upset as they had implied that we bring disasters on ourselves. Today I read something to that effect in information about ozone layers and how to be eco friendly.

Everyday I pray that my mind does not lose Balance and I am as productive and helpful as I can be.

13 comments:

Shelly said...

Balance is such a powerful word! You did a lovely job spotlighting the different aspects of it. It's a word we would all be wise to consider carefully in our daily lives.

Cat said...

Excellent blog! I like the idea about praying for balance. Perhaps a good idea for all of us!

Cat

Anonymous said...

And the older you get the harder it is to keep your "balance"...you'd think with experience it would get easier but no...no.

klahanie said...

Excellent. And the if we can find an positive environmental balance within, then we can convey that to produce a more positive environmental balance without, for all of us.

Sarah Tokeley said...

Such a simple idea, and yet sometimes so difficult to achieve!

Ruth said...

I think your mind is in good balance.

Lisa said...

Some are scared to get on the balance. Nice, as always, you make something simple so interesting.

CarrieBoo said...

Great post, thanks.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I could use some balance in my life. This post has got me thinking about the changes that I could make to be more in tune with where I want to be. Thanks for the reminder.

yaya said...

I believe balance is one of the most important things in life. We can have good health if we just eat a "balanced" diet, exercise to help our "balance", spend only what we can "balance" in our budget, and have a love of all people equally...easily turned into a "balanced" relationship with our fellow humans! Thanks for a great post and a good use of the letter B!

Francene Stanley said...

I think if you keep using your mind, you will keep hold of all your mental faculties. I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway.

Clint said...

Physical, Spiritual, Emotional---all of these must be in balance with each other. Not an easy thing to do sometimes!

LynNerdKelley said...

Hello Munir! You picked a great word for the letter 'B.' Balance is something I struggle with everyday, trying to balance out all the different tasks I need to accomplish. It's very challenging these days! I hope all is well with you and yours.