Monday, April 30, 2012

A to Z challenge

A to Z on my mind :- X is for XOXO.  I am not a big fan of Soap Operas as such but Monday nights I like to watch the television show "Gossip Girl". I like the show because of the good taste of fashion and because of the fact that I will never be able to read those books. I like the way the girl writes about the ups and downs of the Upper East Side society of New York and how she ends the show by saying  XOXO ( the voice of Kristen Bell). I did not know the meaning of the term XOXO as it  was not a part of the vocabulary in English language that was taught in India. Also in Gossip Girl, there are a lot of relations that are X, the infamous X.  Whenever I asked anyone the reason for their divorce, people never took the blame on themselves, they always blamed their X, except one coworker. She said that it was entirely her fault, she is very big on keeping the house free of problems and she nagged her husband to get things fixed to the point of driving him insane. I liked the fact that in spite of being divorced she still called her X her husband.

1 comment:

fishducky said...

I kn ow xoxo means hugs & kisses, but I believe the other X is actually "ex", as in "former".