Monday, April 23, 2012

A to Z challenge

A to Z on my mind:-
S is for Self Esteem.
Creating awareness in young parents about the need for them to be there for their children is the main reason I started blogging. I am not saying that young parents are not there for children today, all I am saying is that no one can say with a hundred percent guarantee that their child will never have an emotional issue. The human mind is as vast and as deep as is interesting. There are a lot of variations and a lot of factors that contribute to the welfare of a child and today we realize that emotional health is as important as physical health.
Even as adult I have come to a realization that almost every day, I think twice before wearing a certain outfit to work. Is it because I am worried about how I look, is it because I do not think much of myself or is it because I am letting others decide for me what I am worth?

"I had the best parents as I grew up, especially my mom and dad," I told my daughter one day. She laughed, as who else would be your parents. The fact is, in those day at least, almost every adult, ie your grandparents, your aunts and uncles, your neighbor, your household help to name a few loved us.. Every one of them told us how special we were and there was no question about us not being as good as anyone else as the popular belief was that God made us in his own image, so how can we not be good? You could take the poorest of the poor and ask him about his self worth, he will say that he is no less than anyone. "If I am poor it does not mean that I do not have value," is a common phrase.


************************
You're afraid you don't fit in, you're afraid you'll be alone. Great news, you share that with all of us. So you'll never be alone, and you'll always fit in.
~Annie Edison


************************

13 comments:

Lisa said...

Munir you shared the most wisdom filled insight. Cute that your daughter laughed.

fishducky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fishducky said...

I wish that every person would know his own worth--without overestimating it!

Austan said...

We should all get that solid foundation of love, but few really do.

Shelly said...

This is a greqat post and I fully agree with fishducky, too~

Youmna09 said...

That is a great post
Beautifully written :)

Chatty Crone said...

You're afraid you don't fit in, you're afraid you'll be alone. Great news, you share that with all of us. So you'll never be alone, and you'll always fit in.

~Annie Edison

I LOVE THAT! sandie

Clint said...

There is no substitute for success in one's endeavors at an early age to foster self-esteem.

Sylvia Ney said...

Great quote! New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

Sylvia
http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

Arlee Bird said...

Beautifully stated. Our children need our love and that's the best we can give them.


Lee
Please help me reach 100 followers at:
A Few Words
An A to Z Co-host blog
My Main blog is Tossing It Out

Tracy said...

Munir,
I love the quote and such true words...one of my favorite phrases I find myself repeating often is 'I am who I am' and it's true...so regardless if someone likes me or doesn't like me, well, I am who I am...you are lovely who you are!

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

Such a good post. Beautifully written. I love the quote too. I've never thought about "aloneness" like that.

Linda Fischer said...

I absolutely love the quote at the end of your post! great post!