Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A to Z Challenge

A to Z on my mind:-


T is for Traffic.  I urge everyone to please drive carefully. Every traffic jam, I worry. Even though the number of fatalities in auto accidents have gone down, one is still too many.


Highway Wreath

Policemen, firemen and paramedics
They were all on their toes
Trying to save who ever it was
Doing their best, God really knows
Teenage driver, a tired mother
Or even a second shifter
Is that her or is that him
A DWI or a drifter
Everyone was going frantic
Trying to pull the wounded out
Calling the local hospitals
The nearest ones about
Half a mile traffic back up
Now becoming mile or two
Tired travelers getting more tired
Not knowing what to do
People wondering what happened
Was it a blind spot
Or was it the brake, the speed
Or a tire that was shot
I was sitting counting my sins
Patiently at the wheel
There are enough broken hearts
Enough pain we had to feel
O Dear God please spare
The paramedics the pain
Of having to pick up that phone
And tell that, it was in vain

13 comments:

Shelly said...

Very good reminder, my friend~ thank you.

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

We all need to remember to be more careful. Thank you.

fishducky said...

Too bad so many people think they're invincible!

Lisa said...

I worry every morning until after I read the dua' that in God I trust and there is no other power but His.

Empty Nest Insider said...

This is such an important poem and a helpful reminder to us all. Thanks for visiting me, and I hope to see more of you. Julie

CarrieBoo said...

*shiver*

Youmna09 said...

That's a great lesson and a reminder to all of us specially young drivers
Great post :)

Anonymous said...

I never get into a vehicle, either as driver or passenger, without breathing a prayer for our safety and the safety of everyone else on the road.

Movies on my Mind said...

Gosh, this is a sobering reminder of the ephemeral nature of life. Every moment is a blessing.

yaya said...

Having received such a call, I too urge careful driving..but teens do think that nothing can harm them. On a brighter note, our hospital and many others around us have reported that trauma cases are down quite a bit this year. Probably due to the warm winter we had with less snow and bad roads. Whatever, I'll take it!

klahanie said...

A poignant reminder that we must all be cautious and drive responsibly. No taking chances to save a few seconds. For those few seconds saved may be the last one ever done.
Thank you Munir, for this thoughtful reminder.
With respect, Gary

Chatty Crone said...

Too many accidents are happening. sandie

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Thanks for the reminder, Munir. Too many unnecessary deaths happen because of inattentive driving.