Thursday, April 5, 2012

A to Z challenge

A to Z and my mind:-


E is for Energy:-
I almost did not blog today. The day goes by with room for every task, except our own hobby or need. Well, my hobby is kind of my need.  I have promised myself that I will write for each letter and keeping my promise is my need. Having time and energy to write may be another story. Where does energy go? Being stranded in traffic does not require any kind of exercise, as a matter of fact I should have been full of energy as I was doing nothing. Then why I am exhausted. Oh well trying to figure that out will make me more tired.
In my experience, the following facts are good to remember.

Talking takes a lot of energy.


Brain energy gets used up if I try very hard to remember something. If I let things go, sometimes the memories come back voluntarily. This is a big change that comes with aging.

Caffeine only blocks sleep receptors, it does not give energy.


My friends who smoke (including my brother) say that smoking gives them energy, but I think the thought of having time aside for oneself makes them feel good, which they misunderstand  for energy. I dare them to try quitting and see how much good that will do for them

If in spite of eating good quality food and in good quantity and  taking rest and getting good sleep you still feel that you do not have any energy please see your doctor. Please do.

When it comes to energy as in utilities and gasoline. we know what we need to do - conserve and use very carefully.

When it comes to developing stamina (energy bank) we need to use energy in the form of exercise (total opposite of money.)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

energy is something that seems to be seeping away from me lately...

Shelly said...

We definitely need to watch our energy usage and not squander it on unimportant things. Good post!

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

There are many days when I don't have as much energy as I used to. At forty, I wonder where I'll be in another forty years. Hopefully still kicking around. But coffee really helps me get going in the morning...that and a good breakfast. I'm fortunate that the career I have (although only a middle-class income) is not back breaking labor. I think that if it were, I'd be in a world of hurt.

Lisa said...

I am drained..from being in love :)

Charmaine Clancy said...

Yes! Going to the gym gives me energy - even though it feels like it's wearing me out .
I always think clearer afterwards as well.

Wagging Tales

Denise Covey said...

Hi Munir. Nothing like a run beside the water to recharge my batteries.

Denise

Nikki said...

Great post :) I need to work on my energy levels, get out running and eat more sensibly! I'm wishing you an energy-filled weekend :)

Nikki – inspire nordic

Martha said...

Exercise definitely gives us energy! Initially it takes extra time and puts a beating on us but give it a week or two and suddenly it seems like we have more time in the day, more energy to make use of that time and we sleep better too! :)

LynNerdKelley said...

Well done, Munir. You picked a great word for "E." I often ask myself the same thing about why I'm exhausted (another good "E" word) when I didn't do much. Am still working on building up stamina (energy bank) and am slowly making progress. I hope you are, too! Take care.

Tracy said...

Great Job Munir...I agree that sometimes energy is lacking but accomplishment increases energy, doesn't it?

Sarah Tokeley said...

You're right to be suspicious about 'smoking' giving energy. You've nailed it when you say it's the act of taking a few quiet minutes for yourself that gives the energy.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Munir .. taking time for you is important - everyone else will survive, but if you're not around or incapacitated life can be de-energised for everyone ...

Don't worry - just do what you can do .. without worrying or fretting .. cheers Hilary