Saturday, April 7, 2012

A to Z challenge

A to Z and my Mind:-


G is for Gravity. Why is Gravity on my mind? Well, it is like this. I am able to breath  through the night each night because of Gravity. Back in 1981, my X-Rays showed that I had an duodenal ulcer and had incompetent esophagus. The radiologist said that it was because of the narrow esophagus that I had an ulcer. Whatever I ate took forever to go down to my stomach and as a result the lining of my stomach was damaged from the acid. He told me that if I lie down on my right side, It will help a lot as because of Gravity the food will get to my stomach faster. Today I use the same method of keeping the acid low. My asthma seems to improve because of the use of Gravity as well. The acid stays down instead of seeping up and getting into my lungs in the form of tiny particles.
G is also for Gratitude. I am thankful that over thirty years ago someone gave me a sound advice.  I am also thankful that I have a loving family, great friends and great blogger friends.
G is also for both my Grandmas. Now that today I am a Grandma, I am thankful to God because he protects my Grandkids.  Whenever I see them I have a Goodtime.

13 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Have a blessed Easter. Sandie

Ruth said...

Gravity is also good for not floating into space.;)
I am glad that it helps you breathe better and your esophagus better.
Have a great Easter!

Austan said...

And that's a Great tip for others to try!

Shelly said...

Those are three terrific G words! I'm glad you learned that trick about lying on your right side. Makes a big differene~

fishducky said...

Gravity, not just a good idea---IT'S THE LAW!!!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Munir .. thankfully you had some sound advice - which has stood the test of time ..

Lots of good G words here .. and Gravity is essential for us all ..

With blessed thoughts for Easter - Hilary

Drora's minimundo said...

What a clever radiologist! As a Grandmother I aGree. Grankids mean Goodtime. Happy Easter to you and yours!
Hugs

Anonymous said...

Laying on your left side squishes your heart and impedes its functioning so there is another good reason to lay on your right side.

Sarah Tokeley said...

Sound advice indeed! I don't know why, but I never realised you were a Grandma :-)

Unknown said...

A lot of great G's here. have a blessed Easter!


---Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012


Twitter: @AprilA2Z
#atozchallenge

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Really interesting post! Congratulations on becoming a grandmother. :)

yaya said...

Great advice and wonderful uses of the letter G! Gee, have a great week!

Belle said...

Wonderful G words, Munir!