Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A to Z challenge

A to Z and my mind:-


J is for Journey:-


A lot of parkways in the tri-state area are basically for commuters and passenger cars only - - no trucks allowed.  Almost every month as I am driving and listening to the traffic report on the radio, there is an incident when a truck goes on one of the parkways. Result ? Either one of the underpasses gets scraped and debris falls or the truck stops just before the underpass. In either case traffic jam is inevitable. These incidences are happening more often as truck drivers are not paying attention to signs but are only listening to the navigator systems. Before GPS there were less of such incidences as per record.

What about our real journey? The Journey that takes us to the destination that we all desire. Rest after finishing the tasks of life. One of my coworkers said that the cruise she went on actually made her sick, she would have rather stayed home during her vacation and rested. I asked her why did she go. She said that she went because every older couple does. So are we being guided by others and not thinking? I don't get sea sick, I love the ocean, but if I were to get sea sick then I would think before putting in the money on a cruise. I would ask my hubby to kindly excuse me.

As far as I am concerned, I do not have any destination. I live as life wants me to live. I make short term plans and use a year or five years or even ten as landmarks. As most of my life is behind me I do not see a point to look at my life as a whole journey. We were told as kids that life is a journey and heaven is our destination.
I cannot talk about an unknown destination, but if life is a journey, I would like to make this journey as pleasant as possible not only for me and my family, but the rest of the travelers as well namely, humans, animals, birds, plants and creatures that I may not have heard of.

15 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Well don't worry about where you are going - just go! lol sandie

fishducky said...

I am fortunate enough to say that my life has so far--77 years--has been for the most part a very happy journey. It has included many good friends, an extremely loving family, reasonably good health, excitement & lots of surprises. I plan to keep "rolling with the punches" for as long as I'm on the right side of the grass!

Austan said...

So far it feels like a journey for sure, but it's been a long, strange trip too. Very strange.I don't think about a destination, too busy making the road better.

Ruth said...

Sometimes it's a bit depressing to think about things too far in the future.
Just enjoy the journey as much as you can.

Anonymous said...

We have to prepare a little bit for whatever future we may have but the only thing we are guaranteed is this minute. Sounds like you are on the right track.

Nikki said...

Thank you for your comment :)

My mother told me something sweet. She doesn't think of life as a journey, but rather as chapters. For example, my small time living in Oslo is a short chapter in my book and that chapter will end when I move back to England and I will have a new chapter. I think it's a nice way to think of things :)

Nikki – inspire nordic

Nikki said...

Thank you for your comment :)

My mother told me something sweet. She doesn't think of life as a journey, but rather as chapters. For example, my small time living in Oslo is a short chapter in my book and that chapter will end when I move back to England and I will have a new chapter. I think it's a nice way to think of things :)

Nikki – inspire nordic

Gossip_Grl said...

I don't think my life has any planned destination. These days it is hard to stay focused on the day ahead and not to worry about tomorrow or what it will bring

Youmna09 said...

Sometimes we ourselves don't know where our life is leading us ...but we just can't stop going on .....As far as you can plan your journey your way that's well and good and if u can't ...than leave it on God ....he can never misguide us
great post :)

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I will never go on a cruise. Give me a real vacation instead of one on a ship.

Inger said...

I loved the wisdom of your last two paragraphs. Very touching and very true.

Belle said...

I love the sea and don't get sick so I enjoyed the cruises I have been on. They aren't for everyone though! I think it is wonderful to be on this life journey wanting to help others along the way as you said.

Sarah Tokeley said...

I've given up trying to plan any destinations. Life always throws up a surprise or two - I'll just enjoy the journey :-)

CarrieBoo said...

My journeying seems to be mostly in my imagination these days. ;)

Unknown said...

We each have our own journey and shouldn't try to force it down a specific path. Good post, although at first I thought you would be talking about the band. :)

Good luck with the challenge!

Dianna Fielding
Sociologyfornerds.com